Entiled Brats

 As of right now, it is time to start filming. Although this is correct, my main focus right now has been the music. The storyline of the film concludes with a death, so I wanted the music to symbolize that. There is a song called "Fourth of July" by Sufjan Stevens. The song talks about a boy who lost his mother at a young age and how he believes that human should just live life and not take people for granted because of how someone can just go. I loved the song and how it started and felt it was perfect with the last few scenes so I went online and emailed the label, and about three days I get an email back. It was the stupidest thing ever. I get this email while hiding in the bathroom at work so it's just a lot to take in at once. Mind, this song came out in like 2014 and people only know it because of TikTok. They email me back and say that I need to pay 500 dollars for rights, which is pretty entitled and that doesn't guarantee me rights, then they said they need to see the film in its entirety including the ONE scene I want to use the song for. So at this point I'm like this is absolutely absurd. These people are asking for tooo much. SO I send the email to David and Nyla. Nyla thinks it's funny and recommends a Billie Ellish song, AS IF THAT WOULDN'T BE WORSE. I told her that I would listen to her suggestion not realizing I should've said no. David was like, "Oh don't worry about it, I'll find the money". Which made me chuckle cause the man couldn't find his left foot if he needed to, so I completely ignored that. So that left me trying to figure out what song would match with the film cause it will not look good without the proper song. I know I will find it and get the rights, because I have too. All I know is there is no way that this film will end up without song.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music Video

Screen play- A Happy Ending

A musical