Rises the Moon

 Back to the musicality of the film. Right now my group and I are trying to find the time to film so in the meanwhile I am trying to find music. There is this song by this independent artist called "rises the moon" by liana flores. The song is soft and gentle and can add some comfort to the death. It would really bring out the emotion of the storyline. Sometimes I get scared and feel like our filming wont match the vision in my head so I have to make sure I have other things that can help, such as music, costuming, editing and all those other things. Anyways I went online to look for Liana's record label which is how I found out she was independent. She is also not from here so a lot of her music is not in english, unlike the one that I want. SO there was no email, no number, no message prompt. ONly thing that I could find was an instagram. It is hard to contact celebrities or people with "clout" through social media but I had to do something. SO I texted her very professionally and said this "hey! I was contacting  you in regards to copyright issues, I was wondering if I could use your song for short film. I wasn't able to find a record label and I didn't know what steps I needed to take to do so." I sent that but I still haven't gotten a response. SO there is not much I can do other than find another song that fits. THis happened last year with kanye west but he was also going crazy on the internet lat year so it wasn't the best time to text him. Hopefully I figure this out. I am going to get more song suggestions from my group and see what I could use, I was thinking of maybe queens. That song is accessible so maybe that might work. There is no pain in trying.






























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music Video

Screen play- A Happy Ending

A musical